Shop beautiful volcanic flowers from The Bouqs Co. Click here!

So ya wanna be a Hot Dog Man (or Woman?) part 3: Board of Health

If you get into this business, you will need to get a permit from your local Board of Health.

Many local Boards require Servesafe certification before they will issue a permit. If they do, you'll need to take the Servesafe exam.

Dealing with the Board of Health really means dealing with the local Health Inspector-he or she is the person who you will deal with. Just like any other occupation, some are nice and some are jerks-I am lucky that my local Health Inspector is a fair and nice man-it doesn't hurt that he likes hot dogs too. Whether the person is nice or not, they are a resource. You can find the local Health Inspector's contact info on any municipalities' website. The best thing to do is call them up and politely engage them in a conversation. Tell them you want to open a hot dog stand, where you were thinking of locating (again if its on public land make sure you've checked out local restrictions and permits, if you're on private property let the inspector know where), let them know you'll be getting your Servesafe and ask them what you need to do. Most inspectors will be straightforward and let you know exactly what you need to do and what type of equipment will meet with local health codes..

Once you've figured out what the Health inspector requires, you can move on to acquiring a hot dog cart, truck or trailer.

Happy Hunting!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

No comments:

Custom Search

The Hotdogman on TV

Here' the Hotdogman on Roadside Stories

Have you ever played the Punch Buggy Game? If you have, check out the Official Rules to the Punch Buggy Game. Check 'em out even if you've never played before, it's a classic road trip game for your summer travels!